Thursday, May 7, 2009

Day 4

Today's three miles were hard for me for some reason. I'm just feeling heavy this week. I haven't gained any weight (I've actually lost a little), but my body just feels heavy for some reason. Probably gotta get some more muscle tone to pull me along. I pushed through it though and ran the 3 miles in 24:57 (about 8:19 miles) so a little better than last time. It didn't come without effort though and it was hot out there! Tomorrow is cross training and I'll probably do some muscle work on my legs.
p.s. why did my total time end in a 7 every day this week? weird.

2 comments:

  1. You have your good days and your bad days. I find that sometimes if I'm tired or I don't eat the right combo of carbs and protein then my runs are harder. You're still running great times though! 8:19 is an awesome pace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Okay just got your post on my blog. I promise not to romanticize our long run this Sat! In fact, you inspired me to do my own running blog so I promise to post every gory detail!

    We did 14 miles last Thurs and it was bad! I did okay up until mile 12 and then everything just started shutting down. My lower back killed! Me feet were throbbing, my quads were burning and I was starving! We brought some gels for energy and we took them around mile 6 but I wish we had brought more because I was dying towards the end. I think a big part of the problem was that we were going too fast. We were trying to stay under a 9 minute mile and I just can't sustain that on a long run. So tomorrow we plan on pacing a lot better and bringing more gels!

    One thing I highly recommend, we splurged and bought one of those really nice light weight fuel belts that holds little water bottles and gel packs. It was AWESOME! so glad we had it. It's really slick too, not bulky or bothersome like you'd think it would be. Anyway, so yeah those are some of the gory details of our last run. Hope we do better tomorrow : )

    ReplyDelete