Saturday, May 23, 2009

Change of plans

I decided my Marathon Rookie training schedule just didn't feel like the right fit... I just felt like there wasn't enough mileage so I decided to switch to the Hal Higdon Novice 2 training schedule. I know a lot of people use Hal Higdon, and even though I've never run a marathon before, I don't really consider myself a beginning runner so I'm doing the next step-up training schedule.

So that shoots me into week 5 of training and today I ran 12 miles. I started really slow because I was worried about getting injured since I only ran 6 miles last Saturday. But all was well and after some killer hills, I reached my halfway point and still had lots of energy. It's like my body knows when I hit halfway and just can't wait to get to the finish. I did it in 1:51:50 (9:19 miles), which is great considering I was probably doing over a 10 minute pace for the first 6-7 miles.

1 comment:

  1. Of course you're not a rookie miss 8:15 minute miles! I'm glad you found a training schedule that fits your fitness level better. That's incredible that you could jump from a 6 mile long run to a 12 miler in one week! Just goes to show you already have a phenomenal running base.

    ReplyDelete