Saturday, May 16, 2009

Chicken

I chickened out and didn't run yesterday. I'm actually not supposed to run on Fridays anyway but my schedule got messed up when Daniel came to visit. Last night my body felt like crap and my head was so full of sinus pressure I thought it might explode right off of my neck. So I decided to just take it easy and get some sleep. And what do you know, after a good night's sleep, a mouthful of Ibuprofen and my 6-mile run this morning and I'm feeling much better (also some prayers in there... I hate being sick).

I love Saturday morning runs when the weather is just right. Warm sun, cool breeze, good music... today I felt like "this is why I run. I love this" I took it easy and ran it in 55 minutes (9:10 miles), and just really enjoyed it. I only picked up my pace once when I came up behind some ladies and I could tell our pace was way too similar, with me just barely faster, and I didn't want one of those awkward situations where I'm running right behind them for a minute, right beside them for a minute, and then barely passing them so I crossed the street and picked it up on the other side. It felt good that I had the strength to make my body do what I wanted it to. So yesterday I chickened out, but today was totally rewarding. It's funny how running can be so different every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment