Thursday, May 28, 2009

Big hills, slow pace

Yesterday I had a 6 miler and ran it on the Sandy/Draper border again. I somehow managed to plan a route that seemed more than 50% uphill. It was good to get some hill training, but it was challenging and I decided to completely give up on keeping a normal pace. I was really crawling up the big ones, and my feet hurt by the time I was done. While I was running, I thought this might be similar to my marathon pace, but I got done in 55:15, which is a 9:12 mile, and there's no way I'm running a marathon that fast. But it did feel good to slow down and get some hills in.

1 comment:

  1. I love/hate hill training. I love how it gives your muscles such a good workout and how satisfying it feels to get to the top but I also hate how much it slows you down and makes you work! You were still keeping a great pace though. way to work it!

    ReplyDelete