Thursday, June 11, 2009

Seven miles

Didn't feel like running yesterday so I rewarded myself for doing it by running as slowly as I wanted. I even stopped to walk for a minute when I got a cramp (I ran like 20 minutes after dinner... I was asking for it). I haven't stopped to walk in the middle of a run in years. And it was totally fine, I walked for about 60 seconds and started back up. I felt like my mom, the queen of fartleks (haha that sounds awful).
It had rained all day yesterday so the combination of cool air and slow running felt like a real treat. And I saw a beaver in the wild for the first time in my life, he let me get about 10 feet from him, it was pretty cool. Don't remember how long it took me but I think I was doing 9:30 or slower the whole time.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you saw a beaver on your run! Must've been a cool trail! I'm a huge fan of slowing things down once and ahile and really just enjoying your run. It's good for your body and it's good for you mentally too. When we ran our 20 miler we stopped every 25 minutes to stretch and drink for the first 16 miles. It was such a great little rejuvenation and we still finished in good time. Anyways, huge props to you for getting out there when you didn't feel like it. I think moments like that are almost as impressive as the marathon itself!

    ReplyDelete