Monday, June 8, 2009

I actually cross-trained

Mondays are my cross-training days. So far, my efforts have been modest, to put it nicely (aka do 40 pushups while I watch Medium and maybe some crunches).
Today I began video #1 of P90X. I have heard terrible-wonderful things about it, like how people can't walk for a week b/c they're so sore and such. I don't want to be that sore, sounds a little counterproductive to marathon training if you can't even walk.
But today I did the chest/back which means an hour of pushups and pullups. I don't have a pullup bar so I had to modify it with a band, but it was a really good workout. I will admit, I had to do sissy girl pushups for half of it, but it felt so good to do some real strengthening exercises.
There are a bunch of dvd's in the set, so I'm hoping P90X will be the ticket to making me super strong for my long runs.

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow! I can't believe you're doing P90X! I heard that is the most butt kicking workout known to man! You are definitely gonna be one fly hottie when this is all done. (not that you aren't already, but you know, a little buffness definelty adds to hottness ; )

    ReplyDelete