Thursday, June 4, 2009

Blood & Sweat

No tears, thank goodness, but I definitely had some blood going on yesterday. I set out to do my 7 miles and as soon as I started, I realized my new shoes had chafed the back of my left heel from my last run. I thought about going back to get a bandaid, but it didn't hurt terribly bad so I just kept going. BAD IDEA. By the time I hit my first stoplight, I could see blood all on the back of my shoe, and stopping made it really hurt.
I had no choice but to keep going though, and it really didn't bother me that bad as long as I was still running. My shiny new shoes are a bit tarnished now, and Justin was sad I made them look gross so soon. I told him it was the mark of a runner and I was proud of it, haha.
Anyway, I ended up doing 6.55 miles because we wanted to go see a movie and I ran out of time. My pace was on the ipod was a lot slower than I thought, somewhere around 8:50 miles... I'm wondering if my pace was off all along during training. Probably. We'll see. Gotta go do 4 miles now and I'm not looking forward to messing with my heel. I'm gonna wear my old shoes!

1 comment:

  1. Owie!! That sounds painful. The gal I ran with last Saturday also just bought new shoes and had some blisters on the back of her heels. She used this liquid band aid stuff that seemed to work pretty well. It's funny how stuff doesn't seem to hurt that bad when you're running and then as soon as you stop it kills! Guess it's a good motivation to keep going : )

    ReplyDelete