Thursday, June 11, 2009

Dang it

So my only race before the marathon is the day after tomorrow. I haven't given it a lot of thought b/c I'm so excited about Tiffany coming. But now it's here, and I'm really curious how I'm going to do. Last year I ran out of my MIND. Way faster than I was prepared to run. I just checked my blog post from it and I ran 8:42 miles?! What?? I read that and said a verbal, "crap."
I want to beat my time. But beating that time is going to be tough. The past week or so I've been doing closer to a 9 minute pace. I do remember after that race I thought I was going to die. By the time we drove home from Provo I just laid on my living room floor for like 20 minutes and just kept telling Justin I felt like somebody poisoned me.
So, needless to say, I emptied the tank on that race. But I'm so much better prepared for this one. The race last year was the first time I had ever run ten miles, and I only trained for a couple of weeks before it. I've been pretty seriously training now for months. So I better beat that dang time! My total time was 1:27:02 so I'm aiming for under 1:27:00 this year. Please please please!
(p.s. did my due diligence and ran 4 miles today... 8:55 pace)

1 comment:

  1. You're going to do awesome tomorrow! Good luck! Wish I could be there to cheer you on at the finish line!

    ReplyDelete