Tuesday, August 25, 2009

It's over.

Just kidding, it has really only just begun. All these months of training have involved a lot of excitement and disappointment, joy and pain, confidence and doubt. Really, it has been quite the roller coaster getting ready for marathon number one. And now that it's over, I don't really want it to be. I miss the roller coaster, I guess? No, it's not that. I just love races. I want more, I need more... I'm totally addicted.
I didn't expect this. I kept thinking, "Just gotta make it through the marathon and then I'm not gonna run for MONTHS!"
No way, Jose. As it turns out, I can't wait to get running again. What have I been doing all week? Looking up races. There's a 5k this weekend down the street. Too early? Probably. But I really want to do it, despite all my aches and pains. There's a half marathon that looks really tough next month. Want to do that, too. Want to run the St. George marathon if I can buy someone's spot... yup, I've got race fever.
So anyway- I started this blog to document my marathon training. And it's all there. But I want to keep on blogging about my running experiences. So I will keep updates of my races here, and maybe anything interesting I stumble across with running. So yeah, off I go...

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha! We are such addicts! How can we help ourselves though? I never liked running until I ran in an official race. There's something about putting on a bib number and lining up with a bunch of other runners that puts the fun into it. Running to be skinny: overrated. Running to race: Now that's what I'm talking about! Now that I've conquered distance I'd love to move on to speed. I'm gonna be realistic of course, but I'd love to get a solid 8 min mile time one of these days. Heck, if I ever break the 8 min mark I will be ecstatic. Anything could happen right? Congrats again on your marathon and by the way I think you got an awesome time, especially on a dang hard course! Virtual high five! (Smack!) aw yeah!

    ReplyDelete