Sunday, August 9, 2009

Did 10

I woke up late yesterday (since when is 6:30 in the morning late?) so I didn't have time to do the 12 miles because Justin & Makenzie were in the Midvale parade (Justin for the h.s. float since and Makenzie for our stake primary's float).
I did manage to squeeze in 10 miles. I was frustrated that I couldn't go faster and just get 12 in. One thing about not running mid-week is that you definitely lose your speed/conditioning. I was faster than last week (9:50 miles this time), but it doesn't feel good when you're really pushing and look down and see your pace is only 9:00. Good thing to remember for next time- you can't just cut out your weekday runs- you will suffer for it!
Also, the combination of pushing harder and having to run on asphalt for nearly half the time didn't make my shin very happy. I am definitely more sore today than I was last time after the 20 miles. So next Saturday and during the marathon, I'm just going to take it super slow.

1 comment:

  1. You're awesome. This is why Marathon Mama's deserve major props. Because somehow you are supposed to fit marathon training in with all the craziness that comes with being a wife and a mother. I'm super impressed that you got 10 miles in on such a busy morning! Hope the parade was awesome and that you took some cool pics!

    ReplyDelete