Thursday, August 20, 2009

This is it

Tomorrow is the last day in my existence that I'll be able to say, "I've never run a marathon."

I'm starting to get nervous. I keep worrying about my injury- how it will hold up, how much it will slow me down. And the speed thing is definitely bothering me. I know my speed is nowhere near what it used to be, and although I know your first marathon is all about finishing, I'm still gonna be disappointed if my pace is ridiculously slow. If I see old, fat people beating me, I might just cry. And really, it will probably happen. I'm also really worried about my nutrition. I'm trying to carb load but I don't really know what I'm doing. I don't want to eat too much differently than usual to avoid digestive issues, so I'm just hoping what I'm eating will work out.

On a positive note, I'm also getting really excited. I go pick up my packet and bib in a couple of hours and I know being around all the runners is gonna get me pumped. It will get me ready for race morning. Seriously, there are very few things that are more exciting than the morning of a big race. AND Tiffany is flying in tomorrow and I'm just so excited we get to run this together. I know we can do it, we've each had our setbacks (injuries), but we practically ran a marathon together 3 weeks ago for our longest run. We may have had 11 minute miles, but we did it. Okay Park City Marathon... here we come!

1 comment: