Saturday, August 15, 2009

One week til the Marathon!

So today was my FINAL long run before the big day. I only had to run 8 miles which was nice. My shin is doing so much better (I'm not hobbling anymore!!), but it still felt irritated throughout the course of the run. I'm babying it though and hope it won't be a problem next Saturday.

Today I ran at about a 10 minute pace. I'm so much slower than I was before the injury, but it's okay. I can run fast again after the marathon, but I'm not risking anything at this point.

I'm assuming my race pace will be 11 minute miles or so. Hopefully not 12 minute milers, but you never know. Park City Marathon tells you right from the start that you won't be setting a pr on this course. My sis-in-law's dad (who has run many, many marathons) said you can pretty much add 30 minutes to your regular marathon time for Park City so I'm taking his word for it.

At any rate, I'm really excited. I don't care about time (and I'm not just saying that, this is marathon #1 so I'm okay with setting the bar low!). I am just really stoked that I'm gonna run 26.2 in one week!!

1 comment:

  1. Tara you are going to do AWESOME! Time totally doesn't matter. We all know you're a freaking speed demon! (Your insane 10 miler time! Hello!?) your first marathon is just a huge celebration of your dedication, determination, and will to endure. That's so great that you'll have your sister there too. Running with someone makes all the difference. Park city is a tough course but just take it one mile at a time and before you know it you'll be crossing the finish line! Wish I could be there to cheer you on at the finish! I'll be thinking of you this weekend : )

    ReplyDelete