Saturday, September 26, 2009

Refreshed

It has been over a month since I last posted. In my last post, I had just completed the marathon and couldn't wait to race again. Then I realized I really should take a rest and let that shin fully heal. Well when nearly a month had passed and I had only run 3 or 4 times, I realized rest had been replaced with laziness.
THEN after reading Becca's (I could just say "your" since I think you're the only one who really reads this Becca) post about running with the jogging stroller while Teya was in preschool, I knew that could work for me too- I had a plan and I had hope for regular running again, even with our new hectic schedule of Justin working late hours all the time and me working, too.
So I bought this jogging stroller used on the classifieds for $30:

It's actually a REALLY nice jogging stroller (Dreamer Design- they run about $300 new) and it's in great shape so I totally scored. It is really tall so it makes it easier to push and it's got great shocks on it.
So this week I ran while Kenz was in preschool and did a nice-n-easy 8 miler this morning. I'm doing about 9 minute miles currently and it feels good- not a real competitive pace, but it feels good to just run the pace I feel like running and not necessarily be training for anything. It feels so great to be back in the swing of things, my body is happy again.

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha! I'm sure I'm not your only reader, I'm just very vocal and can't help from commenting everything : ) We have a lot in common, I have a lot to say, so yeah, I'm kind of a comment maniac!

    LOVE the stroller! I can't believe you got such an amazing deal! That's so great that you're getting back into it again. Isn't preschool the best? : ) And way to go on your long run! 8 miles is AWESOME! I haven't run 8 since the Ragnar. Now you've inspired me to keep working on my distance runs, at least once in awhile so I don't lose it!

    ReplyDelete