Friday, August 7, 2009

The ole taper down

Tomorrow is my first taper-down Saturday. I never thought I would consider 12 miles a short run, but that is definitely what it feels like after 20. I am actually really excited to run after having such good results last Saturday.
I haven't been able to do any mid-week runs this week. I wish I could have, but to be honest, I haven't run mid-week in over a month because I didn't want to aggravate my injury and now I'm kind of used to just running on Saturdays and trying to squeeze in a home workout or gym visit (or 2) in the middle of the week.
So yeah, I'm not going to be as well-prepared as I wanted to be for this marathon. I wouldn't consider myself the eye of fitness right now. But the bottom line is, I'm going to be able to finish it and that's all that really matters right now.
So I'm crossing my fingers that I can just stay injury free for two more weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment