Saturday, March 24, 2012

Finally back to double digits

Here's an update of my running, starting with last Saturday:

Saturday 3/17: 9 Miler outside with absolutely, hands down, the craziest wind I have ever run in. It even swept my feet out from under me at one point. It felt like a miracle I was making forward progress at all at some moments. Good challenge, though. And some decent hills. 9:14 pace.
Monday 3/19: 3.2 on the treadmill. 9:05 pace.
Tuesday 3/20: 2 miler on the treadmill. Legs felt bad, but I was planning on a short run anyway and doing some weight resistance. Worked my calves, hamstrings, butt and quads. Ouch.
Thursday 3/22: 5 miler on the treadmill. 9:35 pace. I was absolutely exhausted that morning and had to force myself to go. Feels good beating your laziness like that.
Today/Saturday 3/24: 10 miler on the treadmill. We had a beautiful 70 degree day, but Justin was in St. George for a work trip, so I had to take the kids to the gym and run indoors. It wasn't too bad. To be honest, it was kind of nice not to have to face the wind and hills of Daybreak today! 9:28 pace. I found these new treadmills at the gym that are fabulous for distance running. I've been using the main treadmills that only have a 60 minute time limit, so I have to restart them when doing long runs... kind of annoying. These other treadmills will let you go as far as you want, and they have this cool touch screen that will show you a visual of your run in different ways. I was watching myself go around a track. I thought, "every distance runner's nightmare- a long run on a treadmill, but pretending your on a track!" I only had to go around 40 laps... haha.. Really though, not too bad.

And that pretty much wraps it up, just an update on what I've been doing lately.
And oh yeah, I've also been logging my runs and workouts on dailymile.com. It's way easier for me to remember what I've done when I can record it every day, instead of just trying to remember for my weekend blog post. :) So far I really like the site.




No comments:

Post a Comment