Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Lately


Alright, just a quick update on running of late.
So in my last post, I mentioned I took two weeks off running. 
That was SO hard. I was sooo tempted to run that Saturday but I didn't.
But by Monday, I thought I might die if I didn't run again so I went for a little run- SLOW and short... I can't remember how long. The left leg was definitely completely healed, and I could only barely feel my right shin, and didn't have any shin pain whatsoever after the run. Good sign.
So since then I have been taking it really easy. I can still feel the shin a little while I run (no post-run pain) so I'm babying it like crazy. Yeah, it is kind of discouraging and sometimes I find myself thinking things like, "Maybe I need a new hobby... maybe I should get a bike." But when it comes down to it, I just love running. I really do crave it. So for now... I'm doing what I can do and taking it super easy- only running a few days a week 2-4 miles at a 10 minute or slower pace. I know ideally I shouldn't run at all until the thing is completely healed, but I'm trying to keep some sort of aerobic base. And it feels really close. Let's hope I can move on soon.

1 comment:

  1. Dang shins!! Let Tara run for crying out loud!! Don't those silly shins know we NEED to run? That is so frustrating! Sounds like it's improving though and you are being super smart about less milage and slower pace so hopefully (crossing fingers) those shins will cooperate!

    Also I just have to tell you how hard I laughed at your comment, "when you post your race results on Facebook you say, "And I did that while I was on my PERIOD fools!" HAHAHAHAHA! Seriously I was dying laughing! And girl, there's no way your calves are bigger than mine! Think, "Hawaiian football player" and that's what my calves look like!

    ReplyDelete