Sunday, October 2, 2011

Ten Mile Technology Meltdown

Ran 10 miles yesterday for the first time since Ragnar.
I felt pretty good- legs got a little stiff on the last mile or so, but I was okay.
My technology, on the other hand, was not okay.
I started the run using Justin's iphone/Runkeeper.
About 4 miles in, the headphones started going out.
I took them off and carried them.
About 5 miles in, the iphone started dying.
By 6.5, it was almost dead.
I ran to my house to grab my ipod/nike+ sensor to make sure I did exactly 10 miles.
My nike+ sensor must be losing battery power because it wouldn't work.
Luckily I know a route that is a little over 3 miles so I just ran that to complete my 10 miler.
I tried using my headphones and got to listen to the music go in and out for my last three miles.
Thanks for nothing, technology! 
Before my technological meltdown, Runkeeper said I was doing around a 9:40 pace.
I don't know why I'm so slow. The downhill in this half is really going to have to do its job if I'm going to finish in less than 2 hours. The last time I ran a downhill course (Provo 10 miler), my pace was under 8 minutes. I would need to be in the 8-9 min/mile range right now to be anywhere close to that. Oh well. I'll just keep plugging away and see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment