Tuesday, September 29, 2009

So much for no upcoming races

I just registered for the Oktoberfest 10k in Highland on October 17th. It's the first year for the race and it sounds pretty good (flat course and a raffle at the end- they're even giving away 2 pairs of Mizuno's in the prizes, nice!).
I don't have a lot of time to work on my speed, so I know I'm not gonna break my sub 8-minute pace I got in that 10 miler by any means, but I do hope I get under a 9-minute mile.
It will be fun to run a mid-distance race before the running season ends.
So... so much for running for the sake of running, I've got another race to get ready for! Fun times.

1 comment:

  1. I've totally been looking for a 10k to do before the season ends. I think it would be the perfect distance to keep you motivated. So far all I'm seeing are a bunch of 5ks, a 10 miler or a half. Yeah, don't think I'm up for the latter two so I'm not sure what I'll do. Wish I could come run with you!

    ReplyDelete