Saturday, July 4, 2009

Hope

So I'm here in Oceanside, CA visiting my brother. New terrain to discover, beautiful Southern California weather, ocean breezes... wouldn't it have been great to run every day here.... But my leg pain has really been overstaying its welcome and despite my efforts with ibuprofen, ice and rest, it wasn't getting better at all. In fact, two days ago it hurt so bad after I ran to put something back at the grocery store that I just wanted to cry (more from the anger about my injury than the pain though, although it did hurt bad).

Then Justin asked me if I was taking ibuprofen around the clock. I told him no, that I was just taking it when my leg bothered me. He suggested I take it more often so I started doing that 2 days ago. It really helped and today I decided to try to run. I was supposed to run 16 miles. There was no way I was going to push it that hard on my first day back but I was really happy because I think I was able to do 6 or 7 and the pain was manageable. I am definitely disappointed that I've had to slack on 2 long runs in a row, but I'm just glad I could run at all today. So I'm gonna keep up with my steady stream of ibuprofen and hopefully this next week I'll be able to run again.

No comments:

Post a Comment