Saturday, July 18, 2009

I ran again!!!

It's been a while. After missing my long runs the past three Saturdays, I finally ran again. I ran 17 miles today. It feels so good to get a big number.

Yesterday was Justin's birthday and we spent it at the ward camp out. It was kind of interesting preparing for my longest run yet while camping. I forgot to bring my gels and any water (duh!). I bummed some water from other campers and wrapped up a bunch of strawberry newtons in foil and stuck them in the little pocket in the back of my shirt (talk about comfortable).

My little injury friend was still bothering me at the start for sure, and I did hobble for a while. I'd have to say I didn't feel like my stride was natural until about 5 miles into it. And I never got to a point where it was pain-free. But it was manageable. I read tons of tips online about these shin splints and one guy swears wrapping his leg super tight helps. So I did that and I think it did but I can't be sure.

Everything went pretty smoothly until about the half-marathon point and all of my muscles got super tight. But I was able to get through it and am glad I could finally run again!

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! That is AWESOME!!! Seriously, if you could get in 17 miles today you are going to have no problem with the marathon. I've been thinking about you a ton and hoping things would start turning around. I'm so glad they are and that you're running again! WOOO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tara! I noticed you hadn't posted for awhile and was just wondering how everything is going. Hope your leg is cooperating and your training is going okay. : )

    ReplyDelete