Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Man this is getting tricky!

Last month you could have asked me how my marathon training was going and I would have enthusiastically answered, "Great!" I hadn't missed a single day on my training schedule. Check, check, check... everything was going perfectly.

But now things have changed. I have obviously had to do a lot of adapting to heal from this silly injury (which is still hurting, p.s.), and now the reality of my life not being able to revolve around the marathon is staring me in the face. I just started a new job, Justin is off at scout camp, and I have visitors, all of which is exciting but fitting in training is becoming very difficult. I marvel how so many people can be consistent marathoners. They don't have jobs or children or responsibilities or what?!

But on that note, I have to remind myself that not everyone does a perfect training regimen for the marathon and they still finish. It may not be impressive, I may run 15 minute miles, but I'm going to finish that dang marathon, even if I don't get to run one more day before then! I will keep my spirits up, no more of this pity party stuff. I don't want to look back on my marathon experience and say, "well I finished, but the whole experience was awful." No way! So... adios perfect training schedule and adios ideal first marathon finishing time, but I'm still happy I'm going to run a marathon and I'm just going to enjoy this experience and roll with the punches!


No comments:

Post a Comment