Sunday, January 22, 2012

Three runs, feeling fine!



Monday: 20/20/20 Elliptical/Bike/Stairmill
Tuesday: 4.5 miles. 9:40 pace for the 1st 2 miles, 9:13 for the second two. Nice slow run to baby those shins and burn fat. And right when I started my cool down, the Party Rock Anthem came on and I just had to aprovechar. I bumped it up to 8:34 for half a mile. Sure felt good to run at a normal pace.
Wednesday: Got inspired by Munro's wake up early post and got up at 5 a.m. to do a 5:30 cycle class at the gym. Won't be doing that again. ;)
Thursday: I can't remember, I think I took the day off.
Friday: Ran 4 miles... 9 something pace to start and finished with an 8:34 for the last 2.5 I think. Shins were okay. Just a barely there kind of pain in the warm up but fine for the rest of the run and post run.
Saturday: I was really feeling a long run. I wanted to do nine. My shins felt fine, but again, just that barely there feeling like "don't do anything crazy." But I decided 9 would be okay if I took it easy. I went to the gym in the late afternoon and had to run on the treadmill because we had some nasty pouring rain/snow weather. I also had to hurry because we were having my sister's soon-to-be-in-laws over for dinner and I was out of time. Totally ran out of time and only did seven. I warmed up at a 9-something pace and then ran a range between 8:00-8:34 the rest of the way. Everything felt fine, woo hoo!

Dressing Recipe of the week:
I love good salad dressing. I've kind of fallen off the calorie-counting bandwagon, but I still eat salads almost every day for lunch. This is a dressing I made up this week that I really enjoyed... we'll call it 
Avocado Dressing:
-.5-1 avocado
-1 T. light mayo
-2 T. lemon juice
-1/2 cup skim milk
-about 2 T. cilantro
-1 clove garlic
-Seasoning salt to taste
I threw this on some red leaf lettuce, tomatoes, red onion and broken tortilla chips and scarfed it. So good.

1 comment:

  1. Dude, when party rock comes on, siempre hay que aprovechar!! jajaja! That is awesome : ) Also laughed about getting inspired by Ro's post, I was the same way! Totally planned on getting up and doing my runs at 5am, and then Cam got sick last week and I hardly slept and I was like, yeah, 5am is going to have to wait till I'm out of the baby stage with all my kids!

    Good solid runs last week! Also thanks for posting recipes!! I'm totally making that dressing!

    ReplyDelete