Saturday, January 14, 2012

New Recipe Favs and Weekly Recap

So logging calories in My Fitness Pal has had it's awesome days and it's not so awesome days, but for the most part, I think I'm doing pretty good. Just wanted to jot down a couple of new healthy recipes that I am LOVING.

Cherry Almond Protein Shake:
-Vanilla protein powder (we use Lifetime Fitness' whey protein, has 100 calories and 22 g protein)
-1 cup almond milk
-1/3 cup frozen cherries
Oh my goodness, the almond cherry flavor is divine, I love having this in the late afternoon when I'm starving
About 200 calories

Light and Creamy Ceasar Salad Dressing:
I love ceasar salad and I'm so glad I found this recipe on food.com
-1/2 cup light mayo
-1/2 cup skim milk
-2 tbsp parmesan cheese
-2 tbsp lemon juice
-2 tsp mustard
-2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
-2 cloves garlic
Mix it all up in the food processor and pour it on chopped romaine, thinly sliced red onion, shredded parmesan (I didn't have any so I haven't done that yet) and make croutons by cutting up a slice of bread and sauteing it in a little olive oil & garlic, and seasoning with salt and parmesan cheese. 
I love this salad. You could add rotisserie chicken and make it a dinner.
It's hard to get a calorie count on the dressing, but it makes a pretty good amount so I put it into a recipe calculator and if it made 10 servings, each serving would be about 40 calories, so yeah, awesome.

Here's my recap on running on such:
Monday: Total Conditioning (the class from h-e-double hockey sticks at our gym)
Tuesday: Spin class
Wednesday: Ran 4 miles, easy breasy. Super slow 10 minute pace to keep my heart rate low and burn some fat and also avoid any shin pain. Shins didn't hurt at all.
Thursday: A DAY OFF, wow.
Friday: Ran 2 measly miles before it was wayyy too dark outside to be running, oh well.
Saturday: Ran 8 miles on the treadmill at about a 9:30 pace for the first couple of miles and then an 8:34 for the rest. We had a gloriously beautiful, sunny, mild winter day today so it killed me to run on the treadmill, but Justin was up skiing with Makenzie so I had to take the boys to the childcare. Had very mild shin pain in the beginning and absolutely none when I was done so I think I'm doing okay on that, horray!


Next week I will still take it easy on my pace, but I think I'll do 3 days of running (Friday didn't really count this week) and see how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. Guess who just bought frozen cherries and almond milk? Yeah you know it! Can't wait to try that shake today, it sounds heavenly! Also SO SO happy that your shins aren't hurting. Such good news!

    ReplyDelete