Saturday, September 18, 2010

I love technology

I do.
I am not a techie type.
But when I do get a new gadget that significantly improves my quality of life, I love it.

Justin and I recently upgraded our phones to the Samsung Intercept. It's not the best phone on the market by any means, but it is 3G and an Android phone so we now have access to the wonderful world of "apps" that I have been hearing about for so long now.

And it's really, really fun.
My new favorite app is My Tracks.
It's an app that keeps track of your distance for running, walking, hiking, etc. and it uses Google satellites for the GPS function. Today was my first attempt using it and I think it's pretty dang accurate.

It records a little map of exactly where I went, tells me my time, distance, elevation, etc. The only downfall is it doesn't tell me my mile pace, it just says I'm going "5 mph" when I would rather it say, "12 minute miles"... or maybe I would rather it didn't tell me I'm going so pitifully slow. But anyway, I digress.

I also downloaded the Pandora radio app, which is about the coolest thing for running EVER.
Do you realize that I trained for and ran a marathon listening to the same songs OVER and OVER again?
Enough to drive a girl crazy!

Today I ran my whopping 18 minutes- 1.56 miles- to Justin Bieber radio. 
And I loved every minute of it.
Thank you, technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment