Monday, October 4, 2010

3.2


I got up to a 5k distance on Friday. 
It wasn't easy.
During marathon training, I learned how important your core muscles are for running.
And right now... I have no core.
At least it feels that way.
I feel like I have a hollow, empty space in the middle of my body. 
All of the energy is coming from my legs, and maybe a little from my pumping arms, and it is really hard.

It took me somewhere around 36 minutes. Yep. Slow. I had a big uphill at the end that nearly cut the run short, I was really struggling. But every accomplishment is something right now, I'm just glad to be running again, even though it feels like I'm in running rehab!

1 comment:

  1. You are so awesome! I can't even WALK a mere 2 miles right now, let alone 3.2. I'm not looking forward to trying to get back in shape after this baby comes but I know if I just take it slow and steady, eventually it will happen. I love that you've just listened to your body and done what feels good, not worrying about pace or time. Just the fact that you are out there running is so awesome!! Thanks for the inspiration, keep it up girl!

    ReplyDelete