Monday, August 30, 2010

Getting Nervous..


So with each passing day, those half marathon plans of mine are looking more and more far-fetched.
Before I had the baby, I was just thinking about whether or not my body could do it.
I was totally missing a big part of the equation.
Time.

In the past, I've run long races in August.
That meant Justin was off work to watch the kids while I ran.
Now he's back at work, working a lot of evenings already, and then you throw in the fact that I'm nursing baby constantly, I just don't see how I, let alone both of us, could train for a half marathon right now.

Don't get me wrong, I still can't wait to get back out and run, and I will do all I can do, but I may have to go back down to my original plan to do a 10k before the year is over. That is seeming a lot more doable right now... we will see!

1 comment:

  1. I totally know how you feel when it comes to scaling back on running plans. I thought I'd be running for at least the first two trimesters of my pregnancy but my body wasn't on board with that so now I'm walking. (And to be honest I haven't even done THAT in 2 weeks!) Pregnancy and new babies take quite a toll on the body. You'll get back to it though, no worries! Thanks for the honest insight on life baby # 3, it's good for me to read this stuff so I can have realistic expectations for when my little guy gets here. : )

    ReplyDelete