Thursday, August 12, 2010

Baby Day

I'm leaving for the hospital in about 3 hours, and the last thing I thought I'd be doing right now is writing in my running journal.

But I had the most vivid running dream last night that I wanted to record.
I dreamed I was running a 10k 9 months pregnant.
I was telling everyone how I was "due yesterday" and that the baby was safe if the race made me go into labor.

The best part about it?
I was fast.
Super fast.
Faster than I normally am.
I was one of the front runners.
It was AWESOME!

I kept thinking, "Why did I stop running? I had no idea I could be so fast pregnant!"
Pretty funny.
It felt so real.
Until it got to the part where the race went through houses in this abandoned village type thing and one of the houses had stray cats in it that were scratching and biting me.
The race part kinda fizzled after that... guess my subconscious wasn't too keen on the cats.

I think I had this dream because I've been thinking a lot about these half marathon plans of mine.
I had my last pregnant visit to the gym yesterday and just walking on the treadmill for 10 minutes and then the elliptical for 20, I could feel lots of aches and pains and it reminded me of how much it hurts when you start running again after baby. It feels like your pelvis is breaking. I'm getting just a twinge of that right now but it's nothing compared to how I'm gonna feel post-baby!

So yeah, I know it's pretty far-fetched that I will be able to run a half marathon in 2.5 months. It really might not happen. But I'm still gonna try!



2 comments:

  1. hahaha! That dream Rules!! (minus the cat part of course!) Good luck with the baby today! I wouldn't worry too much about your half. If worse comes to worse you can always jog/walk it. My friend just did the Seattle half marathon and she got injured a week before the race. Still, she had tickets to fly out there so she went and just jog/walked it, took her 3 hours but she had an awesome time and still got a medal : ) Can't wait to see this baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just found your blog, and i am a runner with a baby. good for you girl! i think you can totally do it. but if you cant dont even worry about it. seriously your body has just gone through the most amazing thing called birth, and i think that is the best excuse :) I remember running after my daughter was born and it was the hardest thing ever-my abs still felt like they were split and on my sides, my back ached-but eventually it goes away. good luck on the run, you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete