Saturday, February 4, 2012

And I'm back


Well, our tax return looked pretty good so Justin gave me the go-ahead to get some new shoes.
I think I'm a Mizuno girl for life.
I've always preferred Mizuno's, especially since they helped so much with my shin splints while training for my first marathon.
But after a few pairs, I was wondering if maybe there might be an even better shoe for me that I have yet to discover.
If there is, I still haven't found it.
I love the way my foot rolls in the Mizuno's, they just feel so natural.
So I am loving my new Mizuno Wave Alchemy 11's. 
My shins are doing better already.
I got the shoes on Wednesday and ran 3.2 on Wednesday, 4 on Thursday, 1 + a high-intensity elliptical workout on Friday, and today I ran 9 miles. I think that's the furthest I've gone since the Halloween Half and my legs felt good. Absolutely no shin pain in my left leg and some in my right, but manageable. I picked up some compression sleeves, too (thanks for that tip, Becca). The guy at the running store said he never runs a long run without them (2+ hours), but I decided to run in them today since this was a long run for me. The combination of new shoes and the sleeves helped a ton, my legs haven't felt that good in a while.
But because the right shin is still bothering me some, I'm icing and elevating, too, and hopefully it will go away soon.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for new shoes!! I think I'm due for a pair soon. I've been wearing saucony's and I like them but I don't LOVE them. Might have to check out mizuno's, I have another running friend who swears by them! Glad your shins are doing better too! Aren't the compression sleeves awesome?! I swear they are miracle workers!

    ReplyDelete