Tuesday, April 6, 2010

No more Reese's


Today marks 22 weeks pregnant, so I snapped a quick photo before heading out for a run to document my bulge(s).

Right before my run, I had my monthly OB checkup.
I gained SEVEN pounds.
In one month.
Could you imagine if I kept that rate up?
7 lbs. x 9 months=YIKES!!

My OB jokingly asked if I've had a lot of Easter candy.
I truthfully answered yes.
I must say, those Reese's mini cups are the most deliciously evil little things.
I have obviously had more than my fair share.

So today was a big wake up call.
I don't want doctors to have to tell me I'm gaining too much weight.
I'm supposed to be a runner, right? Not a fatty.
That's what made me realize today, as I thought about it all during my run, that my health is entirely dependent on my running.

When I run regularly, I eat better, I drink more water, I think about my body.
When I don't, I slowly but surely creep into bad habits (like say... Reese's cups between every meal).

So today I ran for 30 minutes.
It wasn't bad, except for carrying all the extra weight.
The prego belly was the least of my problems.
It was my heavy legs carrying my heavy body.
It literally felt like I had those ankle weights you use for leg lifts strapped all over my body.

I have made a resolve to stop making excuses and be more healthy for the rest of my pregnancy.
I know I can do it, I just need to be how I was before I got pregnant.
On with the running and out with the Reese's!

1 comment:

  1. So first of all, there is no plural to your bulge! Just one cute and tiny little prego belly! Seriously! I'm just so impressed that you are actually still running! I only hope and pray that I can stay active with my next pregnancy. If you think a 7 lb gain is bad, I gained 10 lbs a month for 2 months in a row when I was prego with Brinley! Talk about fatty! So yeah, I'm hoping to follow your lead next time around and keep lacing up my running shoes till I can't do it myself anymore!

    ReplyDelete