Monday, February 1, 2010

Holy moly, that felt good


So I don't post in months and now 2 in one day?
I just have to say that I did it, and it was good.

The sun was shining down on me, it was in the 40's (which feels like Spring in Utah), I had my "I gotta feelin'" song going, and I don't know... it was like all the stars aligned and I was happy again.

MAN I have missed running! Especially outside.
I felt like I was reunited with a long-lost friend, I kid you not.
I forgot things in the last few months... like the way my shadow looks with my stubby little pony tail, the way my pace changes with every song, the way I know the exact spot on a few songs I have to switch to the next song to avoid the bad part, the way it feels when you walk in the house and it feels like 100 degrees inside... I missed it all.
Can't wait to run again.

1 comment:

  1. This is the post of a true runner : ) You make me want to run outside but I don't think that will be happening for a few more weeks. I love that you speed up and slow down with different songs, I'm the same way : ) Glad you're back in your groove!

    ReplyDelete