Monday, November 16, 2009

Rut


Okay, confession time.
I haven't been running much.
Maybe once a week. Twice is really good.

It gets dark around 5.
Justin gets home around 4.
I work two of those weekdays and the other 3 are always just so dang busy.

Heaven knows I love to run.
But maybe I don't love it enough to work my life around it.
I will run when there is plenty of opportunity.
Summer is full of endless daylight and Justin is home so much to watch the kids.
But now, when I can't wake up early to run (it's dark), I can barely squeeze it in after Justin gets home, and I don't have a gym option anymore... holy cow, it's getting the better of me.

I need some motivation in a major way.
A race?
Maybe a turkey trot?
Or maybe a fancy gym membership?

Something has got to change.
I need help!



2 comments:

  1. I'm laughing so hard at your "please don't say work out at home" comment! Ah man, I know about the running rut. It's so hard when the weather gets cold and dark. I haven't run outside in a while. I'm kind of spoiled right now because my gym is open 24 hours and it has really awesome childcare. If you guys can swing it I highly recommend the fancy gym option. I love it because I can go early in the morning (5am ish) when I'm feeling like just getting it done before Taber leaves. Or I can go in the middle of the day with the kids and they love it. It's also nice because it gives you more options than just running. Spin classes,swimming, kick boxing etc...

    That said, I won't have my fancy gym pass after January and I'm already trying to figure out how I'm gonna survive. Even if I do get up early I can't run outside because it's dark. And if I wait till Taber gets home it will likely be dark again. I've done work out swaps with friends before and that's a good option. We just meet at one persons house and take turns running/watching the kids. We've also met at the track to do that. Another workout option I'm considering for the winter is P90X. I've heard it's wicked hard but so is a marathon and we did that right? ; ) And of course, I've also considered a treadmill. My friend got one for $75 off of craigslist. It's nothing fancy but it works great and she gets her runs in every day. So yeah, those are the things I'm considering, let me know what you figure out because I'm gonna need some serious help come January!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turkey Trot! Definitely! When the days get shorter it is really hard! Sometimes I'm relegated to the stationary bike in the basement. I'm never brave enough to venture out in the darkness. I just hate it! A gym membership might work. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete