Friday, November 23, 2012

First post-baby race


Yesterday I ran the Utah Human Race 10k.
As far as training goes, I was able to run 5 miles on Tuesday (2 days before the race), but had to run really slow.
I knew I'd be able to finish, but that I'd definitely shooting for my personal worst. :)

The race start was pretty dang cold, but at least it wasn't snowing.
I started out nice and easy, and after I found my stride and a good song came on, I decided to run a little faster, but not much.

On mile 2, the unthinkable happened.
My ipod died.
Not the battery. The ipod.
The screen was on and fully charged, but it just locked up and wouldn't play music anymore.
Noooo!!
Haha, I am so dependent on my music.
I do think my pace slowed down after that, but after about a mile of feeling bad for myself, I got used to it and it wasn't that bad.

I ended up finishing in 1:01:40, way faster than I thought I'd do.
About a 9:55 mile.
Not bad for having a 7-week-old baby!! I was going to be stoked about 1:10!
So glad I've been able to run this soon, it's definitely giving me hope for that marathon in June!

I registered in the Athena division. I figured if I'm gonna run with all this baby weight I might as well! So I finished 4th in my division, haha... out of 24. :)
I finished 183rd out of 396 females in the 10k. So I did (just barely) finish in the top half out of all the women! Woo hoo! Feelin' good about that!

I am sore as all get out today, but happy to be building muscle and getting back in shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment