Saturday, December 31, 2011

Good week

Can I just say how awesome it would be if Justin never had to work?
This week I ran outside 4 times!
It was so nice just being able to take off and run whenever I felt like it, and I didn't have to go through the 2 hour ordeal of taking three kids to the gym. 
It also helped that we had record highs in Salt Lake this week.
Yesterday hit 57 degrees!
I was running in capris and a light running jacket, how lucky is that in December?!

So here's how my week looked:
Monday: 3 miler outside 27:47 (9:16 pace)
Tuesday: 5k on treadmill 25:17 (7:54 pace- I push myself to near death on a treadmill) :)
Wednesday: 3 miler outside 24:04 (8:02 pace... much better for an outdoor run)
Thursday: STRIKE class (kind of like kickboxing)
Friday: 5 miles outside 42:26 (8:29 pace)
Saturday: 5 miles outside 46:31 (9:19 pace)

Had to take it easy today since my shins are starting to bother me and there's no way I'm going into marathon training injured.
It has been a great week, though, I hope I can stay this committed when Justin goes back to work next week!



1 comment:

  1. So jealous that you ran outside 4 times!! Lately I'm pretty much all treadmill except for long runs. Boo! Guess I shouldn't' complain though since It's been a mild winter for us too so far. I'm not looking forward to long runs in the snow. : (

    Awesome pace on your runs! I was laughing about what you said about pushing yourself to near death on the treadmill. I am the SAME WAY!! It's like my torture chamber and I just push myself till my heart's about to explode just so I can get it over with. haha! You were still cruising though on your 3 miler outside! Very nice!

    Also very smart of you to go easy when you felt the shin pain. I've had shin and knee pain a couple times but this time around I'm always quick to scale back, rest and ice right away. This morning I was supposed to do intervals but I just did an easy recovery run because my knees were just a tiny bit achy after Saturday's run. I know I'm probably being hypersensitive but I feel the same way you do, there' NO WAY I'm getting injured this time! Not if I can help it anyway : )

    ReplyDelete