Saturday, September 10, 2011

New trails!!

(photo from The Daily Herald)

We've been in our new home for one week now and this morning I finally got to try out the running trails in Daybreak, which is right next to us. We don't officially live in Daybreak (yes! we don't have to pay their pricey HOA fees!), but we're reallllly close.

I knew there were running trails, but I didn't realize how many trails there were. I could run forever out there! It was awesome. On my way up, I had gorgeous valley views and then I ran around the lake. I ran five miles, but when I got home I told Justin I just wanted to go back out and do it again, I loved it so much. He said that is annoying. haha

One of my favorite things about running has always been exploring new areas, so today was awesome. Can't wait to find more trails and get favorite routes. 

I may have enjoyed it a bit too much, though, because I did a 10 minute pace (according to my Nike+ --finally found the foot sensor again when we moved). But I loved it. Plus, Justin and I are running the Halloween Half Marathon in Provo next month and I don't want to hurt myself. Haha remember how I thought I was going to run that race last year? Two and half months after having Kyle? Hahaha! I know there are people who do that, but I'm definitely not one of them!

Anyway, loving our new house and our new trails. Hopefully I will be a little faster next time though. :)

2 comments:

  1. Okay I'm totally giddy for you and your new trails!! Seriously, reading this post I just had a goofy smile on my face imagining your blissful run through such beautiful trails. That's awesome that you and Justin are doing the Halloween half! Please tell me you're dressing up, that would be the coolest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this makes me miss Utah--you live in SUCH a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete