Friday, December 3, 2010

Up to four

Ran four miles for the first time since baby last night. For some reason it wasn't even hard. Maybe it helped that Justin was on the treadmill next to me and we were watching Miami play Cleveland for the first time since Lebron switched teams.

I also took it slow. I was doing a 10:40 for the first mile, then a 10:30 for the second. By the third mile, I was doing a 10:00 pace, and on the last mile, I kept gradually getting faster til I hit 8:57 right at the end.

On the third mile, I started getting those post-baby pains. They were totally manageable, but there. Can't wait til that stops happening.

If I weren't getting ready for Makenzie's birthday party tomorrow, I would have tried to do it again tonight. Maybe tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. SUCESS!! 4 miles is a big accomplishment. I was reading this article in Runners World today that talked about coming back to running after taking time off. It said it can take 1 to 5 months just to get back up to 3 miles! That's awesome that you've already surpassed that. I'm so glad you are documenting the road back btw. It gives me a good perspective on what to expect after I have the baby.

    ReplyDelete